Saturday, October 11, 2008
All India Institute of Medical Sciences – AIIMS,
Subject:- Information under RTI Act, 2005.
It is submitted that OIPA – www.oipa.org is a International organization duly recognized by the UN Department of public information & undersigned represent OIPA in
It is observed that IAEC constituted under the AIIMS administration failed to minimize the sufferings of laboratory animals kept in the animal house, hence I would request you to please give me information under RTI Act, 2005 :-
- That how many animals are kept in the animal house at present species wise, Please give me the information along with the copy of the report submitted by the team constituted by the central Govt. to inspect the animal facilities & functions ?
- That if there any animals protected under the Wild Life Act, 1972 like monkey & you kept for experimentation then necessary permission from the wildlife department / CZA be obtained or not, further are these animals are used for breeding purpose, if yes then under which authority, please reply with no’s & where are the parents monkeys ?
- How many animals are rehabilitated after completion of experiments, please give me the no’s species wise & where they were rehabilitated?
- How many persons deputed to look after animals kept in animal house, please give me information about their duties / designation & pay scales?
- Which kinds of experiments conducted on the animals since beginning of the animal experimentation by the AIIMS, please reply along with the results & where are the animals at present used for the said experimentations?
- Do you have all directions of the CPCSEA & notifications of the Govt. related to the subject, please give me the references of the same & action taken report for strict compliance, Is there any planning for replacement of experiments on animals adopting alternate methods of experimentations ?
- Please clarify the needs of experimentation on each animals & which kinds of problems / injuries / stress faced by these animals during their use & which kinds of steps / measures adopted by the AIIMS to minimize the animal sufferings, how many animals are surplus / required their rehabilitation at present & what you are going to do for the same ?
The necessary fee postal orders required under the said act enclosed herewith.
Representative of OIPA in
C-38, Rose Apartment, Sector – 14,
Prashant Vihar, ROHINI –
Cc for information & n/action to the Union Health Minister / Secretary to the Ministry of Health / Environment & Foresthttp://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid=474265&archisec=NEW&archisubsec=
Kindly refer to the report of the Hindustan Times along with the Zee News story on this issue with video's coverage -http://www.care2.com/news/member/576059368/900563
As per the proof stated above, it is confirmed that the treatment with the laboratory animals in AIIMS animal house is not up to the mark / animals are being ill treated over there.
As per the guidelines issued by the CPCSEA -
So the further experimentation on the animals in AIIMS may be discontinued due to disobedience / violations of the set procedures. Hence you are requested to direct the concerned SHO to lodge an FIR against Director / in charge of the animal house for violation of the section 3, 11, 17 chapter 4 of the P.C.A Act, 1960 -http://www.envfor.nic.in/legis/awbi/awbi01.html
Representative for INDIA,
C-38, Rose Apartment, Prashant Vihar, Rohini,
DELHI - 110085
Mobile - +91-9813010595
- +91- 9313312099